The Movie Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Movie Lounge

Movies, Music and Television

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Macgyver
Site Admin
Macgyver

Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review Empty
PostSubject: Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review   Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review EmptyApril 12th 2014, 9:33 pm

Hey there! Last Tuesday I received in the mail the Collector's Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack of Terror Train which I bought from Amazon.com and I thought I would review it. This is not an actual movie review, Ill do that later at some point, but, for now, I thought I would review the DVD itself.

As it says in the topic title, this is the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition that was put out by Scream Factory in 2012. It was one of their first titles when they started. Scream Factory is part of Shout Factory. So, Shout Factory actually opened first. Terror Train is not one of my favorite films and originally I wasn't going to get this one, but, it has Jamie Lee Curtis in it and the magician David Copperfield who I like plus a couple of other people that I know, so, I said to myself "What the heck. Ill get it." Ill give you a brief synopsis of what the film is about, although, I'm not going to give away the whole plot. Also, Ill talk a little bit about the special features and the cover art.

Synopsis

A group of students play a prank on a shy kid. The prank goes wrong and the kid ends up in a mental asylum. Sometime later that same group of students have planned a costume party to celebrate their graduation and New Year's Eve aboard a train. What they don't realize is that someone aboard the train is a party-crasher, a knife-wielding loon that begins to slaughter the students one by one.

Special Features

Terror Train does have a few special features. Although, it's not packed and stacked like some of their other releases, It does have a few. It has an interview with Production Executive Don Carmody, Producer Daniel Grodnik, Production Designer Glen Bydwell and Composer John Mills Cockell. Also, the theatrical trailer, a TV spot and still gallery. It's a little light on special features, but, I'm sure what they did put on there is good stuff.

Artwork

As with most Scream Factory releases, it has reversible cover art. You can have either the new-style art or reverse it to show the original theatrical poster art.

Terror Train isn't great, but, this is a great release. If you like Terror Train, this is the one to get. it's watchable and Ill watch it, (I actually saw it on youtube last August and I may have seen it many, many, many moons ago) just not as often as some of the other titles I have. Although, once in awhile I do enjoy a good "B" film or low budget movie. Well that sums it up. Terror Train! If that's your favorite slasher film, put it in your collection because these are excellent editions. Rock on! Smile 
Back to top Go down
https://themovielounge.forumotion.org
Makepeace

PostSubject: Ok   Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review EmptyMay 15th 2014, 4:20 pm

:(

Last edited by Makepeace on May 18th 2014, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Macgyver
Site Admin
Macgyver

PostSubject: Re: Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review   Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review EmptyMay 15th 2014, 11:18 pm

Makepeace wrote:
Admin

why have you stopped posting

I haven't stopped posting.
Back to top Go down
https://themovielounge.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review   Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Terror Train *Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack - Collector's Edition* Review
Page 1 of 1